The importance of ventilation
Inspiration - 22 March 2023
Eighty-five percent of our time we spend indoors, but according to Zorg en Gezondheid, the Flemish agency for health and care, we pay little heed to the effects of indoor air on our health.
For this reason, on 20 March, a week-long campaign is being launched offering tips as to what we can do to increase the amount of fresh air we breathe.
Amongst other things, the campaign, entitled Elke dag je huis verluchten, daar zit muziek in!, recommends the following:
- Ventilate your home several times a day. If you have a ventilation system, then leave it on all day.
- Ensure that the temperature in your home doesn’t drop below 15°C to prevent the growth of mould.
- Minimise the use of odorous items in the home, such as air fresheners, incense sticks, scented candles, etc. Try to ventilate at those moments as well.
- When taking a shower or bath, cooking, cleaning, drying the wash, ensure that any accumulation of moisture in the air can escape outside. This can be easily done by switching on the extractor in your bathroom or kitchen, or by opening a window.
As far as the latter is concerned, we are only too pleased to help out! In addition to the Chrono window system for conventional tilt-turn windows, Sobinco has other solutions for different types of window and special ventilation needs.
- Top-V: A window solution suitable for difficult-to-reach tilt and top-hung windows. The windows can be opened and closed by means of a handle or rod.
- E-Invisitop: Difficult-to-reach sash windows can in fact be tilted, locked and unlocked by means of a motor.
- Handles with free run: A handle with a key so that the window can safely be set to its tilt or ventilation position at all times.
- BT-Lock: Aesthetically pleasing sliding-door closure with an optional extra ventilation position.